how to join
There are two types of membership: Regular and Associate.
- Full Membership: An organization eligible for Full Membership has all of the following characteristics: it is national in scope, nonprofit, and substantially focused on providing human services.
- Associate Membership: An organization eligible for Associate Membership is also national in scope, nonprofit, and shares an interest in human services and/or nonprofit management and leadership. The organization may not be primarily focused on meeting human service needs. (Note: An organization qualified for Full Membership shall not be considered eligible for Associate Membership.)
An organization wishing to become a member supports the mission of the National Human Services Assembly, agrees to participate actively in collaborative learning and action efforts (those that are relevant to its own mission and operations), and agrees to pay its membership dues (based on a formula for Regular Members and a sliding scale for Associate Members).
For organizations that are, or aspire to be, leaders on the national human services scene, the National Human Services Assembly is:
- the only forum focused specifically on the concerns of the nonprofit human services sector.
- the “professional association” for the unique learning and networking needs of national organizations or headquarters.
- the “table to be at” to build partnerships, champion the sector, and address the challenges that require cross-organizational boundaries.
There are also tangible benefits for qualified organizations. The Assembly operates a program designed to save money on operations so more dollars can be re-directed to mission-related programs and purposes. It offers a very extensive group purchasing program, including over two hundred vendors of diverse services and products, that can save members many times what they pay the Assembly in dues. For members with affiliates, the program can also be extended to those affiliates as a benefit of membership in their national organization.
See an overview of membership with the National Assembly.
How to Join?
To apply to join the National Assembly, send a note of inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.